A - Z Blogging Challenge - P

P
Exmoor ponies are, according to research, rarer now than Pandas. The park's authorities take great care to keep the breed pure. Any youngsters that don't demonstrate the required colourings and form are removed. They aren't destroyed, new homes are found for them.

This particular pony was part of a herd. I had parked on Winsford Hill and followed one of many paths that cut through the bracken and heather. By chance I spotted a dozen or so ponies in the distance and slowly headed in their direction.

I didn't want to disturb them, this photo was taken with a zoom.

Just beyond the pony is the rim of the Devil's Punchbowl. It's almost, but not quite, a sheer drop to the bottom, but there are paths that take walkers down a more gradual route.

I've walked up here from Winsford, it's a good climb of perhaps just under 10 miles. Winsford's a small village with good parking and a loo. There's also a lovely tearoom too - another essential for my walks!




Why not visit my other blog - Wanna get read? Then get reviewed! I offer impartial reviews - all you need do is email a Kindle version of your book and I'll do the rest.