A - Z Blogging Challenge - H

H
Of course, it's all very well knowing where you want to spend a holiday, but where exactly will you rest that weary head?

How do you choose your hotel?

I don't get free rooms, so I'm not necessarily going to give my favourite Exmoor hotel a free advert - but if you look at the photo you'll soon find its name.

So why do I choose this one?

Location is obviously paramount and this hotel is great for exploring Exmoor.  I can leave the car and enjoy several walks - right from the front door.  That's more of a factor now than when I first stayed, simply because of fuel prices.

The bedrooms are comfortable and provide everything I need, including a luxurious bathroom.

If I had to choose my favourite meal, I think it would be breakfast - a buffet of cereals, juices and fruit are followed by all the usual Full English elements, plus kippers, porridge and co too.  All that's washed down with as much coffee as one needs and topped off with toast!

You can imagine that after that feast it's a challenge to face lunch - but face it I must.  If I've walked locally I usually make it back to the hotel's pub.  Even if it's cold I'll try to eat outside next to the river.  But indoors there's the log fire to hog.

Now I come to think of it, this is becoming a free advert - go book, and mention my name!