My Olympic connection!

I don’t think I have any claim to fame. Not yet, anyway.

But my dad does. He’s met Bobby Davro’s dad. Yes, really.

Last year in the Sunday sports supplement of his newspaper, there was article about Bill Nankeville. Who?

Nankeville was the Seb Coe of his time – in the 1948 Olympics (held in London) he competed in the 1500 metres. He also ran in the 1952 Olympics and was the national mile champion four times from 1948 to 1952.

So just how does my dad know him?

Well back in his youth, dad was a very useful runner and Nankeville was invited to his running club in Oldbury to compete.

It would be difficult to forget Nankeville’s name – but what dad remembers most was how easy the athlete won his race at the club!

The article itself is very interesting, so here’s a link to it.