Missing in action

There's been a lot of virtual tutting around lately. Why? It seems my lack of posting doesn't sit well with some of you.

I could reel off a list of reasons why I haven't blogged for a while, but I suspect you'll consider them excuses.

The biggest event of the year thus far, my year that is, has been the celebrating of my 50th birthday.

To many this is a milestone and I suppose it is. But to me it's just another year, a number. There's many jokes about age - and I've heard most of them several times this month. But to me, I'd rather add another year to my age than not.

So forget the jokes about memory, varacoise veins et al - and focus on the positives. Embrace your age - it's the only one you've got.

And what of my birthday? I think that deserves a post of its own, don't you?