What's the point?

Moving on from the Festive Films I decided I was about to peak too soon. So tonight I watched the John Cusack classic, Grosse Pointe Blank.

For the uninitiated, it's a film about going back, school reunions and the passage of time. What makes the film appealing - to me at least - is the soundtrack. The film focuses on 'the class of 86' and music is firmly placed in that decade.

It's a daft story. A guy disappears on his prom night, leaving his girlfriend stranded. Twenty years later he returns.

For those twenty years he dropped off the radar and eventually became a hired killer. No-one, but no-one, knew what happened to Marty. He had disappeared without trace. And here's the problem - how was the school reunion organiser able to trace him, to invite him along?

I've watched the film many times and that part is never explained.

Whatever happened to a plot?