Careful what you wish for!

Yesterday I wrote about luck and how you need to be 'in it to win it'. Well now I've received an email that not only confirms that, but also suggests that we should be careful what we wish for!

A friend of mine, I'll call her Brenda, was part of my running gang and for a variety of reasons most of us no longer 'compete'. Call it apathy, call it lack of time - whatever the reason is, we've all moved on to other challenges.

So what was so fascinating about Brenda's email?

Well, she'd entered the lottery to take part in a 'run' around the Olympic park in London...for five miles. Her reaction? "Sh*t my running days aren't over !!!!"

No Brenda, they're not!

After five miles, anyone still alive will finish their run inside the Olympic Stadium - who'd have thought a Diddler would make it to the Olympics?!